A few steps to zaz up your tofu
1. Take your tofu block and press* it with some paper towel to soak up some of the excess water. If you have the time, you can press the tofu for a longer period. *place tofu block between a few sheets of paper towel and place something heavy on top like a cookbook, pot, etc. This allows excess water to drain and will allow the tofu to absorb more flavour.
2. Make your marinade - this is totally up to taste but I have given one that I use below.
3. tbsp soy sauce (or Tamari) -1 tsp worcestershire sauce -1 tsp granulated garlic -1-2 tbsp nutritional yeast -a splash of olive oil (or sesame) -black pepper to taste
4. Chop your tofu block into 3 even pieces. Place in an airtight container with the marinade. Flip the pieces over a few times so the tofu is coated. Add a splash of water if you need a bit more liquid. Leave in the fridge overnight - at least 12 hours.
5. I used my airfryer set to 400 degrees and cooked the blocks for approximately 20-25 minutes. If you use an oven I would recommend a low and slow approach - 375 degrees for 40-45 mins.
6. Once cooled, store in an airtight container in your fridge. Slice and use on sandwiches in place of meat/cheese.